440g self-raising flour, plus extra for dusting
2 tbsp caster sugar
1 pinch sea salt
60g butter, cut into pieces
1. Preheat oven to 220°C. Line a baking tray (30 x 40 cm) with baking paper and set aside.
2. Place flour, sugar, salt and butter into mixing bowl and mix 5 sec/speed 8, or until mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
3. Add buttermilk and combine 20 sec/speed 5, then knead 20 sec/.
4. Transfer dough onto a silicone bread mat or floured work surface and press out to a 2 cm thickness. Dip a biscuit or scone cutter (6-7 cm) into flour and cut out scones (approx. 10). Repeat until all dough has been used.
5. Place scones onto prepared tray, so that each scone is touching the next, then bake for 12-15 minutes (220°C), or until lightly golden.
6. Allow to cool on tray for 5 minutes before transferring onto a wire rack.
7. Serve warm, or allow to cool completely beforeplacing into a sealable container to store until ready to serve.