2. Place sugar into mixing bowl and grind 10 sec/speed 10.
3. Add butter, orange zest and cornstarch and mix 30 sec/speed 4. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula and mix a further 15 sec/speed 4.
4. Add flour and almond extract and mix 15 sec/speed 4. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula.
5. Add reserved chopped cranberries and almonds and with aid of spatula, knead 2 min/kneading function. Transfer to cling wrap, press dough together and shape into a log (do not worry if the dough will be slightly crumbly). Wrap with cling wrap and continue pressing and shaping the dough log until it’s 5 cm in diameter. Freeze for 1 hour.
6. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment and set aside.
7. Remove dough log from freezer and slice into rounds (approx. 1 cm thick). Place onto prepared baking sheets, spaced 2,5 cm apart and bake 14-15 minutes (175C°), until golden brown. Let cool on baking sheets 5-10 minutes. Allow to cool completely before serving or packaging.