A healthy cake which is delicious and easy to make. The preperation takes only 15 minutes and the total time 2h 20min. The recipe is for 12 servings
Oven, baking paper, springform pan (Ø 24 cm), rack
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
2. Line a springform pan (Ø 24 cm) with baking paper and then grease it with room temperature butter.
3. Put the pistachios in the mixing bowl and chop for 3 secs/step 7. Remove 1 tablespoon from the mixing bowl for sprinkling and set aside.
4. Put the remaining pistachios in a bowl and set aside separately.
5. Place the carrots in the mixing bowl and chop for 6 sec/speed 5. Add to the bowl with the pistachios and set aside.
6. Add the butter to the mixing bowl and melt for 2 mins/100°C/speed 1. Transfer to another bowl and set aside.
7. Add the sugar and eggs to the mixing bowl and beat for 3 mins/speed 4.
8. Add the ground almonds, shredded coconut and reserved melted butter and beat for 30 secs/speed 4.
9. Fold in the carrots and reserved chopped pistachios and mix for 10 secs/speed 4. Finish mixing with the spatula. Pour the batter into the prepared tin and spread evenly with the spatula.
10. Bake for 45-50 minutes (180°C).
11. Remove from the oven and leave to cool in the tin for 40 minutes.
12. Then remove from the tin and place the cake on a wire rack. Leave to cool for another 40 minutes or so.