Aren´t we all a little bit into bananabread? Lovely smell, treat taste, healthy - yummy!
- 130 g unsalted butter, softened, plus extra for greasing
- 350 g ripe bananas, (approx. 4 bananas), cut into pieces
- 80 g caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 220 g plain flour or glutenfree flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 100 g buttermilk
- 2 tsp natural vanilla extract (optional)
- 1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease a deep-sided loaf tin (e. g. 25 x 10 x 11 cm) and set aside.
- 2. Place ripe bananas into mixing bowl and mash 5 sec/speed 6.
- 3. Add unsalted butter and caster sugar and mix 20 sec/speed 4. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula.
- 4. Add eggs and mix 10 sec/speed 4.
- 5. Add plain flour, baking powder, salt, bicarbonate of soda, buttermilk and natural vanilla extract and combine 20 sec/speed 4.
- 6. Pour into prepared loaf tin and bake for 50-60 minutes (180°C) or until a wooden skewer inserted into the centre of the bread comes out clean.
- 7. Allow to cool in tin for 30 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack. Serve warm or allow to cool completely before transferring into a sealable container until ready to use. Bon appetite!