Ara you looking for a nice easter breakfast surprise? Just go for a simple and delicious German Hefezopf.
1. Lightly grease a large bowl and line a baking tray with baking paper.
2. Place the milk, sugar, butter and yeast in the mixing bowl and heat for 3 mins/37°C/level 2.
4. Add the flour and salt and knead the dough with the kneading function/ 3 minutes.
3. Place the dough in the prepared bowl, cover with cling film or a damp tea towel and leave in a warm place to rise until approximately doubled in volume (approx. 1 hour).
4. Divide the dough into 3 pieces and roll each piece of dough into a strand (approx. 45 cm long). Join the 3 strands of dough at one end, then braid into a plait and place on the prepared baking tray.
5. Cover the plait again with cling film or the damp kitchen towel and leave in a warm place until it has about doubled in volume (about 30 minutes). During this time, preheat the oven to 180°C.
6. Brush the plait with beaten egg and bake for 25-30 minutes (180°C). The plait is done when it sounds hollow when you tap the underside. Leave the plait to cool on a cooling rack, cut into slices and serve.